Welcome to The Community Institute for Education
The Institute draws together a group of people from all walks of life and takes what seem like overwhelming obstacles in education and figures out how we, in our various roles and responsibilities in life, can shape policy towards a more just education system for everyone.
- The Institute inspires and equips participants from local communities and organizations to help shape education policy towards justice for all families and children.
- Institute participants come from all walks of life and gather together to learn and develop a framework for evaluating and shaping education policies and reform efforts.
- Participants take this framework and these skills back into their local communities, catalyzing local activity to help achieve systemic change for the good of all.
Next Institute Cohort Starting Spring 2017 in Pittsburgh!
CIE's next Cohort starts in March 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA. Attendees will participate in 6 sessions in March and April. Session dates are:
- Friday, March 10th, 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, March 11th, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Friday, March 24th, 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, March 25th, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Friday, April 7th, 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, April 8th, 8:30am-3:30pm
If you have questions or would like to register, please email Charity Haubrich (Charity.Haubrich@CPJustice.org)
You can read stories about the last cohort's experience with the Institute in the "Institute Stories" section here.
If you would like to learn more about how the Institute works and how to participate, click here.
You can check out our current resources and sign-up for bi-monthly updates below.
Sign up below to receive emails from the Community Institute for Education.